World Youth Forum Right to Dialogue VI Edition: Call for papers!
Association “Poesia e Solidarietà”
Study and Documentation Centre for Youth Culture – University of Trieste
October 4th – 6th 2013 / Trieste (Italy)
World youth Forum “Right to dialogue”
Debates. Cultural and artistic events. Friendship
Call for papers
- I. Theme: Global / City.
“Global/ City” means to understand the problems posed by globalization as our problems as citizens of a particular country and territory, learning to intertwine experiences and knowledges in order to build communities consciously participant of the “Global Dimension”: in so far this really affects the life of people, who have to interact on multiple levels.
The treatment of this topic is absolutely free and can be developed on the base of personal experiences lived by each participant in his\her own Country of origin (experiences in the work place, or in institutions, at school\university, in private life, or through reflections about history, art…).
Suggested traces for the debate:
1) Air Water Fire Earth: Elements & Ecosystem
The problems of Ecosystem are experienced in everyday life, differently in different places: which knowledges and which perspectives, which expectations and commitment in front of these problems.
2) Being Citizen in the Global/City: new duties, new rights, new commitment
To confront with the past and to find differences: these are steps of a way, which everyone covers as protagonist stating duties and rights.
3) New Citizenship between Knowledge and Solidarity. Experiences
In the global/city solidarity can not be without knowledges and knowledge may derive from solidarity. Global citizenship is grounded on knowledge which promotes the commitment for solidarity to a new dignity and meanings.
4) Global/city in the arts
Arts as expression of « citizenship » in various epochs and cultures.
- II. Deadline for participation and for submission of papers
– The Forum is conducted both in Italian and English languages with simultaneous translation.
– It is possible to participate as speakers or as audience.
– The request to participate to the Forum should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org preferibly by August 23rd. Later applications can be however taken into consideration and accepted.
– To submit a paper send please the title and a short abstract.
– It is advisable to send proposals as soon as possible.
– The acceptance of the papers submitted will be made known very soon.
– The selected speakers should send their full paper by September 15th.
– It will be offered hospitality to speakers (only accommodation) for 4 nights (from 3rd to 6th, check out on the 7th).
We recommend all people who want to participate in the Forum to search for sponsorship in their own countries for travel expenses and to find the cheapest way to travel.
Compatibly with financial availability and on the case that travel costs are not paid by other institutions the Association can consider providing reimbursement of travel expenses for speakers:
- Up to a maximum 100 Euro for speakers coming from Italy (proportionate to covered distances)
- Up to a maximum 200 Euro for speakers coming from European Countries (proportionate to covered distances)
- Up to a maximum 300 Euro for speakers coming from Italy (proportionate to covered distances)
Please contact the Association (email@example.com) in order to organize your travel!
Selected speakers must send their full papers within September 15th.
- III. Artistic and cultural events
Cultural events, music performances, poetry readings, meetings of poets and local personalities, exhibitions…..will act as convivial framework in which the Forum will take place, to offer room and opportunities to creativity and friendship. All participants are invited to present typical music, dances, poetry and testimonies of their countries.
Associazione Poesia e Solidarietà
Via Matteotti 21 – 34138 Trieste (Italy)
April 25, 2020
April 16, 2020
April 4, 2020